[Haskell-cafe] howto best use emacs + tiling WM (Xmonad,DWM)

Diego Souza dsouza at bitforest.org
Thu Nov 10 14:07:49 CET 2011

A little delayed, but might be useful.

I personally use icicles. I found the M-* great for narrowing results
down. I've tried anything and ido also, but icicles ended up winning,
for my taste at least.

A side note, speedbar actually *does* works for bufffers. Simply type
*b* on the speedbar and you get the buffers list. That may help you
also.

As others sugested, the vanila interface of emacs is not perfect. Try
icicles, ido or anything, they greatly improve usability.

Another useful library is windmove and framemove. They assist
switching between visible buffers/frames:

http://www.emacswiki.org/emacs/Icicles
http://www.emacswiki.org/emacs/WindMove
http://www.emacswiki.org/emacs/FrameMove

Hope you find those useful!