[Haskell-cafe] Symbol collisions with -fhpc

Michael Orlitzky michael at orlitzky.com
Wed Nov 9 21:45:08 CET 2011

On 11/08/11 22:33, Jason Dagit wrote:
> On Tue, Nov 8, 2011 at 9:40 AM, Michael Orlitzky <michael at orlitzky.com> wrote:
>> Does anyone know what causes these? This used to work, like, a month
>> ago. It builds fine without the -fhpc.
> What has changed in that time?  New Ghc?  New updates from your OS?
> New code in your project?  Because it builds fine without -fhpc it
> sounds like a ghc bug.
> What version of ghc and on what OS?  Is this 64 bit or 32bit?
> Basically, I think we need more information to be helpful.

Gentoo, amd64. Happens on at least two different machines. There have
been plenty of code changes since it worked last, but no OS/GHC updates.
If I check out a revision from last month, it compiles.

$ ghc -v
Glasgow Haskell Compiler, Version 7.2.1, stage 2 booted by GHC version 7.2.1
Using binary package database:
Using binary package database:
hiding package time- to avoid conflict with later version
hiding package Cabal- to avoid conflict with later
version Cabal-1.12.0
wired-in package ghc-prim mapped to
wired-in package integer-gmp mapped to
wired-in package base mapped to
wired-in package rts mapped to builtin_rts
wired-in package template-haskell mapped to
wired-in package dph-seq not found.
wired-in package dph-par not found.
Hsc static flags: -static
*** Deleting temp files:
*** Deleting temp dirs:
ghc: no input files
Usage: For basic information, try the `--help' option.