[Haskell-cafe] *GROUP HUG*

Adrien Haxaire adrien at adrienhaxaire.org
Tue May 31 21:48:01 CEST 2011

Le 31/05/2011 21:15, Alberto G. Corona a écrit :
> Haskell is an academic asset as well as a fun asset.

I fully agree. These are two of the three reasons which made me choose
haskell as the functional language to learn. Coding fortran all day, I
wanted a new approach on programming. The strong scientific roots of
haskell would give me stuff to learn and discover for a lot of time. The
atmosphere/halo around haskell was intriguing too: "come on! it's fun! i
can write foldr with foldl!" is not the kind of enthusiasm I was used too :)

The third reason is, as you already now, the community. Never have seen
so much encouragements, help, time, humility, jokes,... crossing the gap
takes some time, but when you feel that lots of people are glad you're
here, it's just constant joy.

group hug !