[Haskell-cafe] ANNOUNCE: time-recurrence-0.4.2

Chris Heller hellertime at gmail.com
Tue May 31 04:02:22 CEST 2011

I've been busy making major changes to my time library:

    http://hackage.haskell.org/package/time-recurrence

Things are still under heavy development. This release is to show the
direction the library is heading in.

A major shift in the design has been made, and the current work is an
attempt at simplifying the recurring time manipulations into the
smallest number of function possible, then providing some useful
convenience methods on top of that.

Version 0.4.2 definitely feels more Haskell-y.

Here is a simple example of how things are done:

>    date = parse822Time "Tue, 02 Sep 1997 09:00:00 -0500"
>    take 5 $ repeatSchedule' dailyUTC{interval = toInterval 10, moment = date}
>    [1997-09-02 14:00:00 UTC
>    ,1997-09-12 14:00:00 UTC
>    ,1997-09-22 14:00:00 UTC
>    ,1997-10-02 14:00:00 UTC
>    ,1997-10-12 14:00:00 UTC]

In addition a test suite has been added to the package, it currently
is using HUnit test-framework, and the Cabal 1.10 stdio test suite
facility.

Feedback, suggestions and pull requests are always welcome.

-Chris