[Haskell-cafe] Haskell School of Expression (graphics)

Andrew Coppin andrewcoppin at btinternet.com
Sun May 29 19:14:57 CEST 2011

On 29/05/2011 02:52 PM, michael rice wrote:
> Is this worth chasing down? I loaded the Haskell Platform, which I
> assume has some graphics capability (Cairo?). Maybe my time would be
> better spent getting familiar with that?

As far as I'm aware, the Haskell Platform doesn't come with any
graphics-related packages, except low-level bindings to either X11 or
Win32 (depending on which platform you're running on, obviously.) Cairo
is part of the Gtk2hs collection of packages (i.e., the ones that aren't
building right).

The fix that makes Gtk2hs build isn't difficult, it's just tedious and
error-prone.