[Haskell-cafe] Enterprise Haskell -- help

Stephen Tetley stephen.tetley at gmail.com
Thu May 26 22:14:51 CEST 2011

Without support for at least extensible records and better GUI
integration, you'd have a hard time convincing me to use Haskell for
enterprise applications (and I use Haskell every day).

It's not that Haskell isn't a fine language, it's just that doesn't
have sufficient advantage on the state-of-practice that would counter
balance its position as a marginal language. There are good reasons
why enterprise development is conservative, state-of-the-art languages
like Haskell or Erlang excel in domains where they can be disruptive.

Best wishes

Stephen