[Haskell-cafe] lambdabot hoogle

Neil Mitchell ndmitchell at gmail.com
Wed May 25 21:04:25 CEST 2011

Hi Jacek,

> Which works swimmingly on Ubuntu, but fails on OS X, because wget seems to
> be hard-wired. I seem to recall that at least one of the packages that I
> installed over the last 2 days, automatically selected wget on Ubuntu, and
> curl on OS X.

I see someone raised a bug for this:
http://code.google.com/p/ndmitchell/issues/detail?id=434 - it's a very
reasonable idea, which I'll include in the next version. Then if you
have either wget or curl it will work.

> Any pointers to the least painful way of getting 'hoogle data' to work on OS
> X?

Set up a shell alias so wget just calls curl? Install wget on OS X? If
neither of these is feasible let me know and I'll rush out a new
version of Hoogle.

Thanks, Neil