[Haskell-cafe] Status of Haskell + Mac + GUIs & graphics

KQ quick at sparq.org
Wed May 25 17:37:02 CEST 2011

There are interesting scenarios where a "browser" is not required.  I haven't worked with Snoyman's wai-handler-webkit which may be along these lines, but there's also https://developer.mozilla.org/en/xulrunner which provides the intriguing capability of an application that has (cross-platform) native-looking local windows but which can also interact via a (local or remote) browser.  Clearly there's a gap between here and there, but part of that gap is the ability to simply and easily generate internal Javascript (to drive xulrunner) without actually programming in Javascript (it's just an API layer to the display, which is what I interpreted Jurriën Stutterheim's comments to be referring to).

--
-KQ