[Haskell-cafe] lambdabot check

Jacek Generowicz jacek.generowicz at cern.ch
Wed May 25 02:15:12 CEST 2011

On 2011 May 24, at 22:30, Gwern Branwen wrote:

> @check these days goes through mueval. Are you sure mueval is
> installed & working?

Au contraire: I am sure that mueval was *not* installed. (Am I
justified to be a just a little bit annoyed that it was not installed
as a dependency by cabal install? Or that there was no indication
whatsoever that mueval's absence was the cause of the problem?)

Now that I have installed it explicitly myself, I do seem to make some
more progress, but it's still far short of the ideal:

lambdabot> check True
   unrecognized option `--loadfile='
  Usage: mueval [OPTION...] --expression EXPRESSION...
    -p PASSWORD    --password=PASSWORD      The password for the mubot
account. If this is set, mueval will attempt to setuid to the mubot
user. This is optional, as it requires the mubot user to be
set up properly. (Currently a null-op.)

[etc. etc.]

> You can try running the tests.sh script which
> will exercise the QuickCheck functionality among other things.

This, AFAICT, seems to go just fine. There's lots of output with which
I won't spam you, other than to say that it includes the text "OK, all
the valid expressions worked out well. Now let's test various
misbehaved expressions". The last line of the output is "<IO <>>".

So, it seems that I am now faced with the problem of getting lambdabot
and mueval to talk to each other sensibly. Any pointers would be
gratefully received.