[Haskell-cafe] Imports in complex Setup.hs -- should we encourage/require PackageImports?

Rogan Creswick creswick at gmail.com
Tue May 24 08:22:39 CEST 2011

On Mon, May 23, 2011 at 3:08 PM, John Millikin <jmillikin at gmail.com> wrote:

> Any ideas/comments? Has anyone by chance found a good solution to this?

I suggested a SoC project to implement a dependencies section for Setup.hs:

http://hackage.haskell.org/trac/summer-of-code/ticket/1602

I wasn't aware of PackageImports -- I personally think that it's
better to move the dependencies into a single place to reduce
conflicts and to make it easier to identify the dependencies, but I'm
open to arguments to the contrary :)

In any case, this has frustrated and bitten me numerous times.  I
frequently want to share code between setup.hs files and I know of no
clean way to do so.

(apologies if this is delivered twice.. I got a mailer daemon failure
the first time, so I'm manually entering the address now...)

--Rogan