[Haskell-cafe] *GROUP HUG*

Gregory Crosswhite gcross at phys.washington.edu
Tue May 24 07:10:54 CEST 2011

Hey everyone,

Okay, this will sound silly, but I ventured into the Scala mailing list
recently and asked an ignorant question on it, and I was shocked when
people reacted not by enlightening me but by jumping on me and reacting
with hostility.  I bring this up not to badmouth the Scala community
(they are apparently going through growing pains and will hopefully
mature with time!) but just because it made me appreciate just how
awesome you guys are, so I just feel the need to publicly express my
admiration and thank to everyone on this list for having fostered such
an incredibly professional, fanatically nonhostile, and generally
pleasant place to talk about Haskell!!!

*GROUP HUG*

Okay, I'm done now.  :-)

Cheers,