[Haskell-cafe] Further installation adventures

Jacek Generowicz jacek.generowicz at cern.ch
Mon May 23 20:06:43 CEST 2011

On 2011 May 23, at 19:31, Marc Weber wrote:

> Excerpts from Jacek Generowicz's message of Mon May 23 19:15:53
> +0200 2011:
>> Where should I be looking for the relevant config.log?
>
> Maybe you're missing header files?

I checked whether the -dev packages were installed, and they were
present ... but your message prompted me to check again, and it turns
out that I had deluded myself.

So, yes, absence of headers turned out to be the problem.

Thanks.

Onward. Readline has installed, But now 'cabal install lambdabot'
fails almost exactly like this:

    http://hpaste.org/46397/lambdabot_install_failure

(Note, that paste isn't mine, it popped up in a Google search.)

Any suggestions, anyone?