[Haskell-cafe] [Maybe Int] sans Nothings

michael rice nowgate at yahoo.com
Mon May 23 19:52:21 CEST 2011

Thanks, all.
Earlier, I was going to ask how to break out of a sequence op prematurely, i.e., you give it some replication number but want to break early if you get an end-flag value. While I was composing the post I thought of using Maybe for the good values and Nothing for the end value. Ergo, losing the Nothings at the end.
I was passing a map and an empty list into some state, but since the map doesn't change once it's created I moved it into a Reader. I was using the list to collect the elements but thought I can get that functionality automatically using sequence.
So, one thing leads to another. It's interesting how ideas begin bubbling up after one absorbs some critical mass of Haskell.
Michael