[Haskell-cafe] Building Haskell Platform natively for 64bit Windows

Simon Marlow marlowsd at gmail.com
Mon May 23 13:32:39 CEST 2011

On 18/05/2011 19:22, Jason Dagit wrote:
> On Wed, May 18, 2011 at 2:50 AM, John Sneer<johnsneer at operamail.com>  wrote:
>> Hello all,
>>
>>   I know it is not probably good question to this list, but anyway,
>>   could anyone point me to some more detailed "how to" where is
>>   described building of Haskell Platform natively to 64bit Windows?
>
> If you figure out how to do this, I would like to know as well.  I
> could also benefit from 64bit Haskell on windows.

There is no port of GHC to 64-bit Windows yet.  Various people have
expressed an interest in having one, but it is a significant chunk of
work to implement (plus extra work to maintain and build distributions),
so we don't have any plans to do it in the short term.

You can track progress (or lack thereof) by adding your email to the CC
on the ticket:

If you want to help out, join cvs-ghc at haskell.org and we can help with
pointers to what needs to be done.

Cheers,