[Haskell-cafe] The Lisp Curse

Yves Parès limestrael at gmail.com
Fri May 20 09:47:10 CEST 2011

> it can involve several qualified imports and time researching
ByteStrings/Lazy ByteStrings/ByteString.Char8

Evan is right, the right way is to use the text package (plus, it is part of
the platform and is simple to use), or at least the utf8-string package
(encode/decode functions). I personnaly banned ByteString.Char8, as it is
incompatible with UTF8 (the "pack" method truncates Chars).