[Haskell-cafe] wxHaskell on Mac (Was: Status of Haskell + Mac + GUIs & graphics)

Eric Y. Kow eric.kow at gmail.com
Thu May 19 01:03:06 CEST 2011

On Wed, May 18, 2011 at 15:06:02 -0400, Tom Murphy wrote:
> Is there a way to build an installer that would make this process easier?

I've sent a pull request to the maintainer of homebrew.
Hopefully it should then just be a matter of brew install wxmac

Homebrew's wxWidgets already builds 32 bit, but it omitted the
enable-unicode, which is what my patch fixes)

> > Unfortunately, this does not address Conal's issue about using wxHaskell
> > with GHCi on Mac.  I do wish somebody had a free week to concentrate on
> > the issue.  Maintainer Jeremy made some progress on it, the last time I
> > checked...
>
> Do you have the link for the progress so far?

Jeremy's blog seems to talk about this:
  http://wewantarock.wordpress.com/

I remember that the impression that Brian Lewis was also looking into
this at some point
http://www.mail-archive.com/wxhaskell-users@lists.sourceforge.net/msg00744.html

If anybody knows what this "unknown symbol `__dso_handle'" means and
what we can do about it, it could be a great help

I wonder if GHC 7 makes any of this easier...

--
Eric Kow <http://erickow.com>