[Haskell-cafe] fishing for ST mutable Vector examples

Don Stewart dons00 at gmail.com
Wed May 18 02:36:31 CEST 2011

Well, repa doesn't have a GPU backend. So if you need GPU stuff, you
probably do need to look at accelerate.
I think Repa is in "beta" now, the API might change a little (e.g.
we're discussing making the stuff under the hood Storable class
friendly). It also only has a small number of users, while vector has
thousands.

So, it depends on how much you like new code. There are probably still
bugs in Repa, and API changes ahead, however, it is more stable than
accelerate, which is a whole different beast. If you need
multi-dimensional, *mutable* arrays, hmatrix or the array package are
very stable, just not as much fun.

-- Don