[Haskell-cafe] Using cmake with haskell

Robert Clausecker fuzxxl at gmail.com
Wed May 11 21:54:32 CEST 2011

Hello readers of haskell-cafe!

I asked this question on Stackoverflow:

        http://stackoverflow.com/q/5969616/417501

Because I want to get a good answer, I cross post it here. It may be
interesting:

        Is it possible to use cmake for Haskell projects?

        I am planning a project written in Haskell, maybe there are some
        parts in C as well. For the buildsystem I decided against the
        common choice for Haskell programs cabal, mainly because I want
        to learn how building programs in other languages works.

        I heard about CMake and I think it is a pretty cool product.
        Although I have no knowledge in how to use it, I want use CMake
        for that project, just to find out how it works. Googleing did
        not reveal any facts about how to use cmake with haskell, and
        all tutorials I read were rather confusing. Is it possible, and
        if yes, how is it possible, to compile a projectwritten in
        Haskell using CMake?

Robert Clausecker