[Haskell-cafe] NOT Iteratee, ghc 6.12/7.0 strange behaviour -epollControl: permission denied (Operation not permitted)

Michael A Baikov pacak at bk.ru
Thu Mar 31 20:19:16 CEST 2011

It works fine up to the point when makefdCallback tries to use GHC.Conc.threadWaitRead on fd
So my example is simplifed in to this:

import System.Posix.IO
import GHC.Conc

main = do
    fd <- openFd "/etc/passwd" ReadOnly Nothing defaultFileFlags
    threadWaitRead fd        -- the big bang happens right here.
    closeFd fd

So iteratee is completely innocent and apoligies should be mine - I should not suspect such wonderfull library in the first place.

But on the bright side - i'll play with gory details of threadWaitWrite implementation :)