[Haskell-cafe] ArrowLoop and streamprocessors

Mario Blažević mblazevic at stilo.com
Thu Mar 31 15:08:08 CEST 2011

On 11-03-30 05:29 PM, Mathijs Kwik wrote:
> Hi all,
>
> I'm playing around a bit with arrows (more specifically, something
> like a CPS style streamprocessor as described in "Generalising Monads
> to Arrows" by John Hughes).

	I had struggled with the same problem a year ago, and I concluded it
was hopeless. See

http://www.haskell.org/pipermail/haskell-cafe/2010-January/072193.html

	The only stream processors that conform to the Arrow interface seem to
be the FRP-like ones, where each stream item comes with a time stamp.
I'm not entirely convinced that Arrow is the best abstraction even in
that case.