[Haskell-cafe] cabal advice: library paths

Michael Snoyman michael at snoyman.com
Thu Mar 31 09:42:43 CEST 2011

Hi all,

I have a package[1] which uses some system libraries (Qt to be
precise). On Linux (and I'm hoping Mac), it's able to use pkg-config
to determine which libraries are necessary and where to find all the
files. On Windows, I've been less than successful using pkg-config.
However, I *was* able to hardcode in the paths[2], and the resulting
executables ran without a hitch. I still have two problems:

* Obviously hardcoding paths in less than ideal.
* Hackage won't allow me to upload this package anymore. It complains:
'extra-lib-dirs: c:\qt\2010.05\qt\lib' directory does not exist.

Can anyone recommend a more elegant solution to the problem?

Thanks,
Michael

[1] http://hackage.haskell.org/package/wai-handler-webkit
[2] https://github.com/snoyberg/hack-handler-webkit/blob/master/wai-handler-webkit.cabal