[Haskell-cafe] Summer of Code Mentors for Language.C

Sterling Clover s.clover at gmail.com
Wed Mar 30 00:51:29 CEST 2011

On Tue, Mar 29, 2011 at 3:05 PM, Aaron Tomb <atomb at galois.com> wrote:
> However, I should mention that the Haskell community has put together a fairly long list of potential projects, many of which are more widely useful than Language.C work. This may mean that it would have a relatively low chance of being accepted. A high-quality proposal would help the odds, however. :)

A high-quality proposal from a student that demonstrates some prior
experience, capacity, and knowledge is huge in the decision making
process. Motivated students can also turn in more than one proposal,
which I would encourage. It can be the case that two talented
candidates both applied for the same proposal, or that of a
candidate's proposals, one fits much better than the other with what
folks are looking to sponsor.

Cheers,
Sterl.