[Haskell-cafe] ANNOUNCE: enumerator 0.4.8

Gregory Collins greg at gregorycollins.net
Tue Mar 29 12:35:11 CEST 2011

On Mar 29, 2011 10:42 AM, <oleg at okmij.org> wrote:

> I'm keen to hear of the example that seem to require Iteratee's
> allocating additional resources. I'd really like to see if any of such
> cases can be cast it terms of regions, implemented via iterated
> Iteratee transformers.

Hello Oleg,

The first example which comes to mind - because I recently implemented this
- is HTTP uploads: the input stream can hold N files (the value of N not
known ahead of time), and each upload  can go to a separate temporary file.

If the request stream fails early (e.g. client browser closes connection),
any already-created temp files and any open file handles must be cleaned up.