[Haskell-cafe] ANNOUNCE: enumerator 0.4.8

John A. De Goes john at n-brain.net
Sun Mar 27 17:38:38 CEST 2011

Enumeratees solve some use cases but not others. Let's say you want to incrementally compress a 2 GB file. If you use an enumeratee to do this, your "transformer" iteratee has to do IO. I'd prefer an abstraction to incrementally and purely produce the output from a stream of input.

Regards,

John A. De Goes
Twitter: @jdegoes
LinkedIn: http://linkedin.com/in/jdegoes