[Haskell-cafe] help with dynamic load

Rob Nikander rob.nikander at gmail.com
Sun Mar 27 06:16:38 CEST 2011

On Fri, Mar 25, 2011 at 9:52 PM, Bernie Pope <florbitous at gmail.com> wrote:
> On 26 March 2011 05:57, Rob Nikander <rob.nikander at gmail.com> wrote:

> \begin{comment}
> -- A work-around for Dynamics. The keys used to compare two TypeReps are
> -- somehow not equal for the same type in hs-plugin's loaded objects.
> -- Solution: implement our own dynamics...
> --
> -- The problem with dynload is that it requires the plugin to export
> -- a value that is a Dynamic (in our case a (TypeRep,a) pair). If this
> -- is not the case, we core dump. Use pdynload if you don't trust the
> -- user to supply you with a Dynamic
> \end{comment}

Thanks, after playing with that I've got something working.  Though
I'd still need to dynamically link this thing, because the default
behavior is to take 30 seconds to compile and link a 58 MB executable.
 Not good during development.

I've reported a bug for the runhaskell case [1], since it gives me a
message about "strange closure type 894" and says "Please report this
as a GHC bug".

Rob

[1] http://hackage.haskell.org/trac/ghc/ticket/5053