[Haskell-cafe] threading question for ghc 7.0.2

Gregory Collins greg at gregorycollins.net
Thu Mar 24 11:19:11 CET 2011

On Thu, Mar 24, 2011 at 9:53 AM, oliver mueller
<oliver.mueller at gmail.com> wrote:
> if anybody knows of a better way please let me know!

I'd recommending trying to fix your "obscure FFI problems" re: the
threaded RTS and go back to using that. Switching concurrency off
altogether is a curious response to dealing with an issue in
multithreading, and you may not be doing yourself any favours in the
long-term by piling on workarounds to get back the semantics you
actually want.

Gregory Collins <greg at gregorycollins.net>