[Haskell-cafe] hdbc-odbc adds a space to the value

Gershom Bazerman gershomb at gmail.com
Wed Mar 23 12:43:26 CET 2011

> I've run into that bug too. I'm pretty sure its an issue with hdbc-odbc, but haven't wanted to patch it without testing it across a few other configurations, which I haven't had time/found straightforward to do.

I should add, for those interested, where I think the bug is. In the bindCol method of Statement.hsc, there's the following:

    rc2 <- sqlBindParameter sthptr (fromIntegral icol)
       #{const SQL_PARAM_INPUT}
       #{const SQL_C_CHAR} coltype
       (if isOK rc1 then colsize else fromIntegral cslen + 1) decdigits
       csptr (fromIntegral cslen + 1) pcslen

Either one or both of the "fromIntegral csLen + 1" expressions shouldn't have the "+ 1".

Cheers,
Gershom