[Haskell-cafe] [Haskell] ANNOUNCE: incremental-parser library package

Mario Blažević mblazevic at stilo.com
Tue Mar 22 20:02:38 CET 2011

2011/3/22 Philippa Cowderoy <postmaster at flippac.org>

> This is what newtypes are for, no?

I did not think of that approach. I'm not sure how well it would work out,
but it would solve another problem I have, which is the duplication of
combinators many, some, and optional. Each of these could exist in two
forms, the lazy one and the greedy one, and the only difference is the
underlying choice combinator, (<|>) vs. (<<|>).

I'm not aware of any other parsing library taking this road, though, and
there must be a good reason. I'll try and see.