[Haskell-cafe] Loops and ray casting with GPipe?

Jarkko Vilhunen vilhunen at gmail.com
Tue Mar 22 10:07:06 CET 2011

Greetings,

With OpenGL shaders it is possible to write code utilizing loops with
unknown number of iterations, I'm wondering if the same can be done
with GPipe? Fractals would be one use case and implicit surfaces
another. Fragment Floats had to be compared with IfB from
Data.Boolean, so I tried something recursive like

foo x = boolean x (foo (x * 0.9)) (x <* 1)

which compiles fine but seems to concentrate on eating stack space
while running :)