[Haskell-cafe] Uncertainty analysis library?

Edward Kmett ekmett at gmail.com
Sun Mar 20 21:38:14 CET 2011

I have a package for interval arithmetic in hackage

http://hackage.haskell.org/package/intervals-0.2.0

However it does not currently properly adjust the floating point rounding
mode so containment isn't perfect.

However, we are actively working on fixing up the Haskell MPFR bindings,
which will let us reliably set rounding modes, cleaning up the interval
arithmetic library to be just a little bit more pedantic. Due to the way GHC
interacts with GMP this is a disturbingly difficult process.

I have an unreleased library for working with Taylor models that builds on
top of that and my automatic differentiation library, but without working
MPFR bindings, it isn't sufficiently accurate for me to comfortably release.

-Edward