[Haskell-cafe] How to use roots package?

Edward Kmett ekmett at gmail.com
Sun Mar 20 21:26:27 CET 2011

If your function has nice derivatives, you may want to look at the Newton
implementation in

if you have enough derivatives, you can even move up to the next Householder
method at Numeric.AD.Halley.findZero

These have the benefit of using exact derivatives, and returning a stream of
successively better approximations.