[Haskell-cafe] Anyone recommend a VPS?

Pasqualino "Titto" Assini tittoassini at gmail.com
Sat Mar 19 12:36:59 CET 2011

If you need to run your server continuously you might be better off
with a cheap dedicated server.

To run my quid2.org site, a rather complex setup with a web server and
a number of background haskell processes, I use a server from the
French provider OVH/Kimsufi (http://www.kimsufi.co.uk/  and
http://www.ovh.co.uk/products/dedicated_offers.xml ,main site is
ovh.com).

You can get a decent box for 15 euro a month and a hell of a machine
for 50/60 euros.

They also have some Cloud/VPS options, that I have not used.

Does anyone have first-hand experience with Amazon EC2?

They also look very tempting.

Best,

            titto

On 19 March 2011 10:12, Lyndon Maydwell <maydwell at gmail.com> wrote:
> Does anyone have any Binaries that are built to run on EC2?
>
> That would be super!
>
> On Tue, Feb 2, 2010 at 1:11 AM, Jason Dusek <jason.dusek at gmail.com> wrote:
>> 2010/01/31 Marc Weber <marco-oweber at gmx.de>:
>>> If all you want is standard debian or such it does'nt matter.
>>> However I tried installing NixOS Linux and I've had lot's of
>>> trouble until switching to linode. NixOS was up and running
>>> within 30min then..
>>
>>  How did you get NixOS on your Linode system? They don't seem to
>>  offer it, last I checked.
>>
>>  I'm looking in to doing this with PRGMR, which has pretty good
>>  pricing though it's not nearly as featureful as Linode.
>>
>> --
>> Jason Dusek

Dr. Pasqualino "Titto" Assini
http://quid2.org/