[Haskell-cafe] DSL for task dependencies

Conal Elliott conal at conal.net
Fri Mar 18 05:43:58 CET 2011

Speaking of which, for a while now I've been interested in designs of
make-like systems that have precise & simple (denotational) semantics with
pleasant properties. What Peter Landin called "denotative" (as opposed to
functional-looking but semantically ill-defined or intractable).

Norman Ramsey (cc'd) pointed me to the
Vesta<http://citeseerx.ist.psu.edu/viewdoc/summary?doi=10.1.1.19.8468>system
from DEC SRC. If anyone knows of other related experiments, I'd
appreciate hearing.

  - Conal