[Haskell-cafe] Byte Histogram

Gábor Lehel illissius at gmail.com
Thu Mar 17 23:04:22 CET 2011

On Thu, Mar 17, 2011 at 10:37 PM, Andrew Coppin
<andrewcoppin at btinternet.com> wrote:
> On 17/03/2011 12:11 PM, Gábor Lehel wrote:
>>
>> Necroing this thread because I just noticed there's a (rather old!)
>> bug report which covers much of the same ground and doesn't seem to
>> have been mentioned by anyone:
>>
>> http://hackage.haskell.org/trac/ghc/ticket/1349
>
> Right. So somebody else came up with an idea similar to mine, but since
> nobody could agree on anything more than a rough idea, nothing actually got
> done...(?)

Well, I also got the sense that it would be more than a little
nontrivial to implement. Or at least, someone was talking about how it
would be a good topic for writing a thesis about if someone managed to
figure how to do it. I suspect that if someone were to actually put in
the effort they would be afforded the privilege of getting to nail
down the details. That's just completely baseless speculation, though.