[Haskell-cafe] Wanted: composoable parsers from haskell-src-exts

Niklas Broberg niklas.broberg at gmail.com
Thu Mar 17 22:58:14 CET 2011

> >  I already export a partial parser for top-of-file pragmas,
>
> I see. What I don't see is how such a parser would return the "rest of
input".

Hmm. I see. And I see that you are correct in not seeing it, since it
appears it cannot be done with Happy, which I believed. It would then be
down to the parser/lexer to pass on unconsumed input, which seems a daunting
and disruptive task, seeing how the lexer typically would tokenize some
input in advance before the parser discovers that it cannot consume what has
been lexed... Hmm.

I still find it a highly desirable feature, and at some point I would like
to give it some further thought, to see if a way can be found. In the mean
time, would you mind filing a feature request at
http://trac.haskell.org/haskell-src-exts ?

Cheers,

/Niklas