[Haskell-cafe] Static linking problem // CentOS 5.5 - GHC 6.12.3

Wed Mar 16 10:11:30 CET 2011

On Wed, Mar 16, 2011 at 8:05 AM, Ketil Malde <ketil at malde.org> wrote:

> > However I do of course want to run it through CGI on a webserver. I'm
> > running lighttpd. If I try to run the file compiled above I get "500 -
> > Internal Server Error", most likely since the enviroment is not correct
> for
> > dynamic linked files:
>
> Why wouldn't the environment (i.e. available dynamic libraries) be
> correct for the web server?

You are right, dynamically linked files do work.

It must be something with Lighttpd that prevents the Haskell compiled CGI
code to be executed. When I moved the exact same CGI file to the cgi-bin
directory on my Apache it ran without problems.

If I do find out why I can not run Haskell CGI on Lighttpd I will send an
update on this.

Thanks for your feedback.

Regards,
Frode