[Haskell-cafe] haskell mailing lists followup?

wren ng thornton wren at freegeek.org
Wed Mar 16 00:44:26 CET 2011

On 3/14/11 2:01 AM, pteer at acanac.net wrote:
> Hi Wren;
>
> I CC'ed you on email I sent Thu, 10 Mar after seeing your post on
> haskell-cafe Thu Mar 10 07:24:45 CET "Haskell mail server fail?".  Did
> you see that email?

I didn't see it; though it looks like it just showed up in my inbox. The
only other replies I've seen are from:

    [cc: haskell-cafe] On 3/10/11 2:18 AM, David Virebayre
    [cc: haskell-cafe] On 3/10/11 7:44 AM, Daniel Fischer

Earlier today I got messages from the three lists I'm on (libraries@,
haskell-cafe@, glasgow-haskell-users@) about delivery being disabled due
to excessive bounces. The re-enabling codes in those emails were expired
---which is supposed to take a few days--- despite only getting them at
4:00am today. I've since logged in to re-enable delivery, though it'll
only be a matter of time until it happens again.

> Have you tried to reply to pteer at acanac.net?  Have
> you started seeing Haskell mailing list traffic again?

Nope (well now I have), and nope. Actually, while writing this,  I did
just see:

    [Haskell-cafe] ANN: Monad.Reader special Poetry and Fiction Edition
        On 3/15/11 7:35 PM, Brent Yorgey

come through. So maybe re-enabling delivery fixed it this time?

> [...] I've seen web pages
> reporting problems with google-based lists tripping over SPF when
> misconfigured for forwarding, and so forth.  It would be helpful to
> see the error messages.

Yeah, I've run into problems with SPF before. But since it's not just me I
don't think it's an @freegeek.org problem.

> I've successfully transferred messages to myself dummied up using smtp
> connecting directly to my haskell-cafe list address.  I haven't
> received any approval messages from recent attempts to set up new
> target addresses on the same receiving email host.  Non-Haskell
> mailing lists have continued uninterrupted, but haskell lists to
> teerlist at acanac.net last received on 04 Mar.

Ditto. My other mailing lists are coming through fine (e.g.,
agda at lists.chalmers.se) which also indicates the issue is on the
@haskell.org side.

--
Live well,