[Haskell-cafe] Update Cabal

Johan Tibell johan.tibell at gmail.com
Thu Mar 10 11:39:15 CET 2011

On Thu, Mar 10, 2011 at 11:27 AM, Hauschild, Klaus (EXT)
<klaus.hauschild.ext at siemens.com> wrote:
> Hallo,
>
> I'm using Haskell Platform 2010.2.0.0 on a Windows XP machine. This haskell
> platform includes cabal-1.8.0.6.
> Now I want to update cabal by "cabal install cabal". Installation works
> well.
> Call like "runhaskell ./Setup.hs" will use the updatetd cabal-1.10.0.0. But
> "cabal --version" says still 1.8.0.6 and I have to re-configure.
>
> How I update cabal in my current Haskel Platform?

cabal install cabal-install will not install the latest version of
cabal-install due to a setting on Hackage (i.e. Duncan probably want
to wait before automatically changing everyone over). You need to give
the exact version:

    cabal install cabal-install-0.10.2

Johan