[Haskell-cafe] Error recovery in Happy

Tom tom.ppc at gmail.com
Tue Mar 8 14:37:02 CET 2011

Hey guys,

I was wondering if there were possiblities to ignore certain errors during
parsing. I tried using the error token, but that didn't seem to work. I
looked at the following topic
http://haskell.1045720.n5.nabble.com/Error-detection-in-GLR-Happy-grammar-td3083740.html

For my parser I need to be able to parse a certain token at any place, but
only in some places it is part of a rule. In other cases this token should
be ignored after which the parser just procedes to the next token. Is this
possible with Happy? Should I use the monadic parser to achieve this?

More concretely, I have tokenized some sourcecode which contains comments,
these should be ignored except when they are located above a function, in
which case I want them to parse.

Any ideas about this issue are greatly appreciated!

Thanks,

Tom