[Haskell-cafe] Haskell IDE

Michal Konečný mik at konecny.aow.cz
Thu Mar 3 17:05:11 CET 2011

On Thu, Mar 3, 2011 at 9:05 AM, Hauschild, Klaus (EXT)
<klaus.hauschild.ext at siemens.com> wrote:
> whats your Haskell IDE of choise? Currently I use leksah. Is the EclipseFP
> Plugin for Eclipse a real alternative?

I use EclipseFP 2.0.2 on a few fairly large projects and am overall very happy
with it despite a few flaws, eg:

- it currently signals an error in source code files with non-latin-1 unicode
- it does not build projects that include C files
- I find it fairly slow on very large projects as it continuously rebuilds
them as you type, but it is not as slow as this kind of approach may seem to

I especially appreciate:
- how well it highlights compiler errors
- the outline of a module

I do not use code completion beyond the generic Alt-/, so I do not have an
opinion on how well this is supported in eclipsefp.