[Haskell-cafe] Data.Enumerator.List.concatMap is to Data.Iteratee.?

John Lato jwlato at gmail.com
Mon Jun 27 13:16:52 CEST 2011

> From: David Place <d at vidplace.com>
>
> Hi:
>
> I've been studying iteratee IO.  Is there a function in the iteratee
> package  that is analogous to Data.Enumerator.List.concatMap?

Iteratee's 'Data.Iteratee.Iteratee.convStream', or the more general
'Data.Iteratee.Iteratee.unfoldConvStream', would be the rough equivalents.
 The difference is that DEL.concatMap operates on each chunk, whereas
DII.convStream operates on the stream.  This makes it possible to specify
operations which work on multiple chunks.

If you want a function more like DEL.concatMap, it would be

> concatMap f = convStream (fmap f getChunk)

Note that stream type 's' in enumerator should generally be translated to
'[s]' in iteratee.

John