[Haskell-cafe] [ANN] mysql-simple - your go-to package for talking to MySQL

Johan Tibell johan.tibell at gmail.com
Tue Jun 21 15:28:45 CEST 2011

On Tue, Jun 21, 2011 at 2:34 PM, cheater cheater <cheater00 at gmail.com> wrote:
> Hi,
> does the package adhere to some form of standard API that works the
> same way across other similar packages (different mysql drivers,
> postgres, mongo, couch, etc)?
>
> Is there such a standard for haskell?

Not at the moment. I believe Bryan has at least talked with one other
author (of a PostreSQL binding) about perhaps sharing an API in the
future.

My opinions is that we should wait to consolidate APIs/standardize
interfaces until we actually have an idea what a good Haskell API for
databases looks like. To know that we need to seem some different
ones.

Cheers,
Johan