[Haskell-cafe] Haskell *interpreter* on iPad? (Scheme and Ocaml are there)

Alexander Solla alex.solla at gmail.com
Sat Jun 18 20:17:02 CEST 2011

On Sat, Jun 18, 2011 at 10:46 AM, John Velman <velman at cox.net> wrote:

> To further emphasize, I'd like to type in (or paste in) Haskell code and
> have it executed on the iPad.  To reiterate:  Something like Hugs, or ghci
> on the iPad.

Since the iPhone OS is pretty much OS X for ARM, and GHC apparently now
supports cross-compilation, you can compile GHC for iOS.  I guess you could
cross compile Hugs with GCC.  Doing so probably isn't trivial, but it should
be straightforward.

I bet you could even use Xcode to make a graphical user interface to GHCi.