[Haskell-cafe] Haskell on iPad? (Scheme and Ocaml are there)

John Velman velman at cox.net
Sat Jun 18 18:18:39 CEST 2011

There are (at least) two Scheme interpreters for iPad at the iTunes store:
PixieScheme and GambitREPL.  Both allow entry of scripts, by typing or
pasting.  The Gambit community is very busy trying to expand the usefulness
of their interpreter.  Both have pretty good interfaces.

There is also an Ocaml app, but I don't know or want to know Ocaml, and the
interface looks very unfriendly.

I'd really like to have something like this in Haskell, in the "education"
pot, as is the GambitREPL.  Hugs is written in C, if I recall correctly.
Would it be possible to compile Hugs for the iPad processor, taking out
enough system calls to make it acceptable?

John Velman