[Haskell-cafe] Best platform for development with GHC?

Ketil Malde ketil at malde.org
Thu Jun 16 10:40:06 CEST 2011

"John D. Ramsdell" <ramsdell0 at gmail.com> writes:

> Developers should be using older versions of GHC because they cannot
> be sure users will have an up-to-date GHC.

I wonder, how hard would it be to have, say Amazon images of various
Linux distributions with ghc and cabal-install available?  Currently, I
have a discontious integration server that checks my stuff by pulling
off hackage, but this is a bit limited, as well as a security risk.  I'd
consider running something off Amazon instead - perhaps it could
even be automated, so that I could do 'cabal install whatever' in
parallel on a slew of configurations?  And, although I could probably
pay for my own stuff, perhaps Amazon could contribute (som of) the CPU
time?

-k