[Haskell-cafe] Beginners Question: Problem with Data Type Declaration

kaffeepause73 kaffeepause73 at yahoo.de
Thu Jun 16 09:53:43 CEST 2011

I try to create an own data type containing "Vector Double" from the H-Matrix
package. The code:

data PowerSig = PowerSig Int Double Vector Double

main = do
let p5 = PowerSig 1 0.1 (fromList [1,2,3])

When compiling with ghci, I get however the following message:

    `Vector' is not applied to enough type arguments
    Expected kind `?', but `Vector' has kind `* -> *'
    In the type `Vector'
    In the definition of data constructor `PowerSig'
    In the data type declaration for `PowerSig'

I don't understand the compilers message and couldn't find any
wiki-page/other material to help me.
The Data Declaration somehow seems not to understand that "Vector Double"
belongs together, but brackets don't help either.

Cheers Phil