[Haskell-cafe] Data import from octave / text file

kaffeepause73 kaffeepause73 at yahoo.de
Wed Jun 15 13:13:49 CEST 2011

Dear all,

I want to read numeric data in vector / matrix format generated by octave.
As I haven't seen any octave specific libraries yet (only matlab), I'm
tyrying the way via ascii - file.

The folloing file log.txt contains three signal traces in the three columns
(time, signal 1, signal 2)

 0 30 9
 0.1 30 9
 0.2 30 9
 0.3 30 9
 0.4 30 9
 0.5 30 9
 0.6000000000000001 30 9
 0.7000000000000001 30 9
 0.8 30 9
 0.9 30 9
 1 30 9

I got the following bit of code compiled with ghc:

import System.IO

main = do
     text <- readFile "./log.txt"
     putStrLn text

     putStrLn "SecondLot"

     let m = read text :: [[Double]]
     putStrLn (show m)

     putStrLn "Finish"

Reading text works, but not reading text into m. The Output:

 0 30 9
 0.1 30 9
 0.2 30 9
 0.3 30 9