[Haskell-cafe] Instances and multiple inheritance

Patrick Browne patrick.browne at dit.ie
Sun Jun 12 14:48:41 CEST 2011

On 12/06/2011 10:43, MigMit wrote:
> I fail to understand why instantiating a four-argument class with five arguments seems obvious to you.
>> class (Surfaces v o, Paths a b (v o)) => Vehicles v o a b where

Obviously I am wrong! But my incorrect thinking is as follows:
Surfaces takes 2 arguments, Paths take 3 arguments (giving 5).
I do not know how to group those 5 arguments to make the required 4 for
Vehicles. The original classes were defined in [1].

Thanks,
Pat

[1] Modeling the Semantics of Geographic Categories through Conceptual
Integration (2002)  by Werner Kuhn
http://citeseerx.ist.psu.edu/viewdoc/summary?doi=10.1.1.109.6853

This message has been scanned for content and viruses by the DIT Information Services E-Mail Scanning Service, and is believed to be clean. http://www.dit.ie