[Haskell-cafe] Haskell-Cafe Digest, Vol 93, Issue 58

Arlen Christian Mart Cuss celtic at sairyx.org
Thu Jun 9 05:50:25 CEST 2011

> An option I suppose would be to read the dictionary at the top level,
> and then pass it all the way down to the analysis routine that uses it,
> but that exposes the details of how the analysis is done, and couples
> the top and bottom levels of the previously modular functions.

It would seem to me that having the analysis routine do the I/O itself
is more coupling than designing it to be datasource-agnostic!

I'd expect it to be much neater to thread the data through the various
functions comprising the analysing functions, perhaps monadically, as a
part of its design; and then to feed the data in at a single entry
point. Thus the entire analysis is pure.