[Haskell-cafe] Proposal: remove "Stability" from haddock documentation on hackage

Ertugrul Soeylemez es at ertes.de
Wed Jun 8 18:36:21 CEST 2011

Chris Smith <cdsmith at gmail.com> wrote:

> I got asked a question today about why Control.Applicative is labeled
> as "experimental" on Hackage.  Perhaps that field is something of a
> failed experiment, and it remaining there is likely to confuse people.
>
> Just a thought... not sure of the best place to mention it.

I don't think that's a proper rationale to remove the feature, because
every feature can be used in a wrong way.  It appears to be quite
natural to me that people forget to update their module headers, but
there are also programmers, who manage their comments very responsibly,
including the module header.

Personally I used to use the feature, but at some point I abandoned it,
because although I always update the comments associated with
definitions, I tend to forget the module's head comment.  Also since my
modules are mostly very related, the stability is a package property for
me rather than a module property.

If you are serious about removing failed experiments, there are more
important places to get started at. ;)

Greets,
Ertugrul

http://ertes.de/